LOW DOSE ASPIRIN
aspirin tablet, coated Walgreens L-587
Aspirin 81 mg (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
- for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains or as recommended by your doctor
Reye's Syndome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye"s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning:This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescriptions or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use
- if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis or kidney disease
- you have asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking a prescription drug for
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose
, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours not to exceed 48 hours unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: do not use unless directed by a doctor
- store at controlled room temperature 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
black iron oxide, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinvyl acetate phthalate, propylene glycol, shellack wax, sodium alginate, sodium bicarbonate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin, triethyl citrate
Questions or comments?1-800-426-9391
Principal Display Panel
The product packaging below represents a sample of that currently in use. Additional packaging may also be available.
Compare to Bayer® Lose Dose
81 mg Aspirin active ingredient†
See New Warnings Information
FOR ASPIRIN REGIMEN USERS
EASY TO SWALLOW
81 mg LOW DOSE (NSAID)
Color Free & Dye Free TABLETS
120 ENTERIC COATED TABLETS
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
Distributed by: Walgreen Co.
200 Wilmot Rd., Deerfield, IL 60015-4616
LOW DOSE ASPIRIN
||HUMAN OTC DRUG
||NDC Product Code (Source)
|Route of Administration
|Active Ingredient/Active Moiety|
||Basis of Strength
|COLLOIDAL SILICON DIOXIDE
|Polyvinyl Acetate Phthalate
||contains a BOTTLE
||This package is contained within the BOX (0363-0587-32)
||Application Number or Monograph Citation
||Marketing Start Date
||Marketing End Date
|OTC MONOGRAPH NOT FINAL
Revised: 08/2011WALGREEN CO.
|Labeler - WALGREEN CO.