BUFFERIN LOW DOSE BUFFERED ASPIRIN
aspirin tablet Drug Facts
Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Buffered aspirin equal to 81 mg aspirin (NSAID)*
(buffered with calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate and magnesium oxide)
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains or as recommended by your doctor
- ask your doctor about other uses of buffered aspirin 81 mg
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
• hives • facial swelling • asthma (wheezing) • shock
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Do Not Use
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you are on a magnesium-restricted diet
- you have asthma
Ask doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking:
- any other drug containing an NSAID (prescription or nonprescription)
- a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
- any other drug, or are under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- painful area is red or swollen
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days
- any new symptoms appear
If pregnant or breast feeding
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not use more than directed
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours; not more than 48 tablets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
each tablet contains: calcium 18 mg, and magnesium 15 mg
- store at controlled room temperature 200 - 250 C (680 - 770 F)
- protect from freezing
- read all product information before using. Keep this box for important information.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION LISTED ON OTHER PANELS
Product description -- Round, white film-coated tablets debossed with “ b “ on one side
DO NOT USE IF INNER FOIL SEAL IMPRINTED WITH “SEALED for YOUR PROTECTION”
IS BROKEN OR MISSING
THIS PACKAGE FOR HOUSEHOLDS WITHOUT YOUNG CHILDREN
benzoic acid, carnauba wax, corn starch, FD&C blue #1, hypromellose, light mineral oil, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, polysorbate 80, povidone, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, simethicone emulsion, sorbitan monolaurate, talc, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments?
Dist. by: Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0622 ©20##
LOW DOSE BUFFERED ASPIRIN|
||HUMAN OTC DRUG
||NDC Product Code (Source)
|Route of Administration
|Active Ingredient/Active Moiety|
||Basis of Strength
|FD&C BLUE NO. 1
|LIGHT MINERAL OIL
||contains a BOTTLE
||This package is contained within the CARTON (0067-6424-13)
||Application Number or Monograph Citation
||Marketing Start Date
||Marketing End Date
|OTC monograph final
|Labeler - Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
Revised: 03/2011Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
|Novartis Consumer health